Real Madrid's Casilla to join Bielsa's Leeds
With Courtois and Navas the clear top two at the Bernabéu, there is an expectation that the goalkeeper will be in the Championship in the next few days.
Kiko Casilla will leave Real Madrid in this January transfer market. The goalkeeper leaves Los Blancos to join Leeds United, currently top of the English Championship and under the management of Marcelo Bielsa.
Casilla to swap Madrid for Leeds
Much of the English media have confirmed this latest transfer news, stating that there is already an agreement in place between the two clubs and that the player's medical will be completed in the next few days. There is an expecatation that the goalkeeper could be available for selection in Leeds' next game against Stoke on 19 January.
Casilla's contract with Madrid ran until June 2020, but at 32 years old has decided to try to get more playing time elsewhere. With Keylor Navas and Thibaut Courtois ahead of him in the number one pecking order, he has not played a minute for the first team this season.
Kiko infamously made the headlines last year when not getting playing time under Zinedine Zidane, reportedly
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Caeleb Dressel 100m swimming, medal count, results, today 29 July
- Stimulus Checks $1000 stimulus check for educators: how to claim it if I haven't received it
- US NEWS Disgraced USA Gymnastics doctor, Larry Nassar has received $2,000 in stimulus checks
- LA GALAXY ‘Chicharito’ Hernández to miss his sixth consecutive MLS game due to injury
- Olympic Games | Gymnastics How tall and what age are the USA gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Jade Carey, the US gymnast replacing Simone Biles at the Olympics?