Wozniacki feels good chance of retaining Australian Open title
The Danish star, seeded three at Melbourne Park, is relishing the opportunity to try to go back-to-back at the first Grand Slam of the season.
Caroline Wozniacki believes she can retain the Australian Open as the third seed prepares to defend her title in Melbourne.
Wozniacki returns to Melbourne Park 12 months after claiming her maiden grand slam by outlasting Simona Halep.
The Danish star – who also won in Eastbourne and Beijing last year – is relishing the opportunity to try to go back-to-back at the Australian Open.
"I'm just excited. I think it's a positive to be here as the defending champion," Wozniacki said during a news conference on Sunday.
"I'm just taking it as a nice, fun challenge. I can't believe it's already been a year. It doesn't feel like it to me. It's great to be back."
How does it feel to be back, @CaroWozniacki?— #AusOpen (@AustralianOpen) January 13, 2019
"I think it's a positive to be here as the defending champion. I'm just taking it as a nice, fun challenge. I can't believe it's already been a year. It doesn't feel like it to me."#AusOpen pic.twitter.com/R9H0zz7gj9
Wozniacki added: "I think for me, every time I step into a tournament, I want to win it. I feel like I have a chance to win it, but I have to play my best game.
"Honestly, I just want to hold the trophies. That's really it."
Wozniacki, who has been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, will open her Australian Open campaign against Alison Van Uytvanck.
"Tricky opponent," Wozniacki told reporters. "She plays aggressively, has a big serve. I have to go in and play aggressive myself, get a lot of returns back, serve well. Yeah, make her move,"
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-of-Living Adjustment for 2022 projected at 6.0% to 6.1%?
- NFL Injury struck Baltimore Ravens face the Kansas City Chiefs
- Emmy Awards 2021 How are Emmy awards chosen?
- EMMY AWARDS 2021 2021 Emmy Awards: Times, TV, how to stream and watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Klopp gives lowdown after win over Crystal Palace
- LIGUE 1 PSG vs Lyon, how and where to watch - Messi home debut, times, TV, online