PSG in talks with Paredes after missing out on De Jong
Pavel Pivovarov, Zenit's executive director, is in Paris to discuss terms for the Argentina international, who is available for around €40m.
Paris Saint-Germain have moved swiftly after missing out on Frenkie de Jong to deliver the midfielder that head coach Thomas Tuchel has been pleading for in the January transfer window.
PSG thought they were in pole position to seal a deal for Ajax sensation De Jong, but the 21-year-old agreed a deal to join Barcelona at the end of the current season for a fee of 86 million euros.
Tuchel is desperate to sign a midfielder before the end of January with Adrien Rabiot out of the picture at the Parc des Princes and both Lassana Diarra and Marco Verratti injured.
Leandro Paredes the answer to Tuchel's problems
On Thursday it was reported that Zenit St Petersburg executive director Pavel Pivovarov was in Paris to discuss terms over a deal for Argentina international Leandro Paredes.
Paredes, who joined Zenit from Roma in 2017, is available for a fee in the region of 40 million euros and can operate in all the central midfield positions, an attractive proposition for Tuchel under the circumstances and a boost to his squad as PSG prepare to face a resurgent Manchester United next month.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Who plays on Thursday Night Football? NFL | Week 7
- SOCCER Hernán ‘Bolillo’ Gómez to be appointed as Honduras' new manager
- SOCCER Mexico's new logo gets leaked ahead of the World Cup
- NBA Boston Celtics 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA 76ers' Doc Rivers speaks on Ben Simmons, again
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series