PSG raise their offer for Everton's Idrissa Gueye to 40 million euros
The Paris-based outfit have upped their offer for the Everton midfielder by 10 million euros and appear prepared to pay 40 million for the 29-year-old.
With the winter transfer window set to close at midnight tomorrow, Idrissa Gueye looks set to complete his move from Everton to Paris Saint Germain before deadline day. Just a few details remain to be resolved - the transfer fee being the main obstacle at the moment.
Signing the Senegalese midfielder is high on coach Thomas Tuchel's priorities and PSG are keen to include a player in the operation, although that is unlikely to be Belgian right-back Thomas Meunier who Everton have their eye on.
The French club are prepared to fork out 40 million euros for Gueye - 10 million more than their previous offer. Everton would be open to selling the 29-year-old but not at any price. PSG Director of Sport Antero Henrique and agent Pini Zahavi hope to close the deal in the next few hours.
Recommended in English
- Coronavirus Why did WHO skip letter Xi and name Omicron the new covid variant?
- NFL What is Dak Prescott contract with Dallas Cowboys? salary and duration
- US NEWS Shooting in Oxford, Michigan high school: how many victims and who is the suspect?
- CHRISTMAS NYC Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lighting: times, price tickets, TV and how to watch
- COVID-19 How many Covid-19 variants have been there besides Omicron? what are their differences?
- NFL Why are the Green Bay Packers called cheeseheads? What kind of cheese are the cheeseheads?