Juventus set their sights on Stefan Savic as Benatia replacement
The Italians want the central defender for next season as a replacement for Mehdi Benatia, who is off to Qatar. Savic remains out injured but could return against Juve.
They tried last summer with Diego Godín, who they even were willing to pay the retention fee, and now Juventus are going after Stefan Savic. The Italians have set their sights on the Atleti defender to strengthen their back four next season; the Montenegro international is a player who they rate highly in Turin as see him as the ideal replacement for Mehdi Benatia who, according to Mundo Deportivo, is set to move to Qatar.
Changes at the back for Atlético
Savic, who is out with an Achilles problem (but he could reappear, against Juve in the Champions League later this month), will be out of contract in June 2020. Juve recently brought in Uruguayan centre-back Martín Cáceres on loan, but that's only a temporary measure - the man they want is Savic. It would leave the Rojiblancos short at the back however, with just Juanfran, Arias and Giménez likely to still be at the club next year. As for the rest, Lucas is being courted by Bayern, Filipe Luis and Godín will be out of contract in June and it's looking like neither will renew. It's not even guaranteed that Jonny, who is out on loan with Wolves, will return this summer...
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL NFL's Jeff Pash and WFT's Bruce Allen implicated in email investigation
- FIFA 22 FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: player cards and how to upgrade them
- MEDICARE What if I miss the Medicare deadline?
- NFL Do NFL teams have their own planes? How do they travel to away games?
- NFL Why do NFL players paint under their eyes?
- QATAR 2022 When does the 2022 FIFA World Cup start? Opening game and final dates