'Rodrygo could stay longer' - Santos president on Madrid plan
The president of Brazilian club Santos, José Carlos Peres, spoke with ESPN about the situation regarding the young man signed last year by Real Madrid.
The president of Santos, José Carlos Peres, said on Wednesday that Real Madrid's new hot prospect, Rodrygo, could prolong his stay in Brazil for six months. This would keep him with his current side until the end of 2019.
Summer go, or no go, for Rodrygo
During an interview with ESPN Brazil, when asked about Real Madrid's intention to take the youngster, who they signed for 45 million euros, to the Spanish capital this summer, the Santos president explained that it was still unclear what will happen, especially after asking for this extension.
"No, no, in no way," he replied about Los Blancos asking for Rodrygo to join in July. "Our expectation is that Rodrygo will stay for six more months, starting in July, of course. This is the expectation that exists right now at the club.
"Madrid can let Rodrygo stay. It will depend on Madrid at the end of the European season," he concluded.
Rodrygo has already stated on more than one occasion that his plan is to be with Real Madrid in the club's pre-season training ahead of the 2019/20 campaign. The young forward, who is with the Brazilian team at the South American U-20 tournament, has just turned 18 and has already been legally released to join the European Champions when he and the Liga club believe it is appropriate.
Recommended in English
- UFC Francis Ngannou vs Ciryl Gane Heavyweight title: fight card, TV and how to watch online
- NFL Andy Reid: Willie Gay Jr. to star against Bills following arrest
- NFL 49ers vs Packers: times, TV and how to watch online
- NFL | HALL OF FAME Which NFL team has the most Hall of Famers?
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers’ net worth?
- NFL How did Aaron Rodgers respond to Joe Biden's vaccine criticism?