Marcos Llorente injured in Copa del Rey Clásico
The young Madrid midfielder started ahead of Casemiro at the Camp Nou but was replaced by the Brazilian just after the hour mark.
Marcos Llorente had to be substituted during the Copa del Rey semi-final first leg clash between Barcelona and Real Madrid, with concerns now about how long the youngster will be out.
Llorente injured in Copa Clásico
Just after the hour mark, in what was a thrilling game, the Madrid midfielder went down on the grass and didn't take long to ask to be taken off. Apparently, Llorente complained of a muscle injury, on the inside of the left thigh. In his place came the more experienced Casemiro.
This is the second injury in the last month and a half on that area of the leg for the 24-year old. The previous incident, as Real Madrid announced in an official statement on January 1, was when the player suffered a "grade 2 injury to the left adductor."
Tests will be carried out in the coming hours and days to determined how serious this latest injury will be.
Recommended in English
- NBA | SUNS Streaking Suns keeping eyes on NBA prize as record looms
- NBA Curry salutes Klay Thompson after latest Warriors masterclass
- NFL When was the last time the Pittsburgh Steelers won a Super Bowl? How many have they won?
- SOCCER Real Madrid vs Sevilla: times, TV and how to watch online
- LIGA MX Club América vs Pumas UNAM summary: score, goals, highlights, Liga MX Apertura
- MLS ‘Chofis’ López extends his loan with San Jose Earthquakes