Vinicius: Real Madrid Clásico penalty shout overlooked by TV
With no replays of the incident shown, viewers may have missed a tug by Barcelona's Jordi Alba on Vinicius in Wednesday's Copa del Rey tie.
Barcelona and Real Madrid's 1-1 draw on Wednesday saw a Jordi Alba tug on Vinicius inside the box that television viewers may well have missed.
Mediapro, the company responsible for broadcasting the Copa del Rey semi-final first leg, did not offer a replay of an incident which LaLiga, the governing body for professional league football in Spain, has shown in a still photograph.
Alba appears to foul Vinicius in area early in second half
The apparent foul occurred in the 50th minute at the Camp Nou, with Madrid leading 1-0 through Lucas Vázquez's early goal. After the visitors had launched a counter-attack, Vinicius received the ball from Karim Benzema, but was let down by his control and had to turn back. At this point, Alba grabs the Brazilian's shirt as he attempts to dispossess him.
However, with the 18-year-old winger remaining on his feet, neither referee Antonio Mateu Lahoz nor any of his assistants - either on the touchline or in the video booth - appeared to notice the infringement.
Malcom leveller leaves tie finely poised ahead of return leg
Malcom went on to equalise for Barça in the 57th minute, leaving the last-four tie all square ahead of the sides' second leg at the Bernabéu on 27 February.
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLF US dominates Europe to reclaim Ryder Cup
- CORONAVIRUS | VACCINES What is a religious exemption for the Covid-19 vaccine? Are any religions against the vaccine?
- US NEWS Would the government shutdown impact SNAP benefits?
- NFL What were the Bucs-Rams ratings | NFL Week 3
- SOCCER Arteta urges Arsenal consistency after derby win over Tottenham
- NBA NBA: Kyrie Irving, the covid-19 vaccine and the "plan of Satan"