Piqué: Ramos should've been sent off in Copa del Rey draw
Sergio Ramos should have seen red for Real Madrid against Barcelona on Wednesday night, according to Gerard Piqué.
Barcelona defender Gerard Piqué felt Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos should have been sent off in the sides' 1-1 Clásico draw on Wednesday.
"It was a card for Sergio, but what can we do?"
Ramos was booked in just the 10th minute of the Copa del Rey semi-final first leg at Camp Nou and was perhaps fortunate to escape a second yellow for a foul on Arthur and later an incident involving Luis Suárez.
While Piqué said referee Antonio Mateu Lahoz performed well, he thought Ramos should have seen red.
"In general, he has had a good match," he told reporters. "It was a card for Sergio, but what can we do?"
Barça came from behind at home as Malcom cancelled out Lucas Vázquez's opener, with Lionel Messi only able to come off the bench after battling a thigh injury.
Piqué encouraged by Messi fitness signs
Piqué was happy with what he saw from the 31-year-old superstar and he hopes Messi is ready to go against Athletic Bilbao on Sunday.
"He looked really good to me, fast. He has not felt the discomfort he had and it's good news," he said. "We hope to have him for the San Mamés match and help us."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Men's 100m, track & field, medal count, results, today 31 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | WRESTLING What types of wrestling are at the Olympics? Differences, rules, format and score system
- GOLD CUP FINAL 2021 Gold Cup final: USA vs Mexico - times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPER LEAGUE Tebas dismisses court ruling asking UEFA to revoke action against Super League trio
- NBA Draft 2021 NBA draft 2021: which players have been selected by each team and main transfers?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo 2020: Why is LeBron James not playing at the Olympic Games?