Valverde: "We should have been more assertive and gone for the game"
The Barça coach spoke about Ter Stegen's heroics: "He made a decisive save in the first half and then pulled out a sensational stop to deny Susaeta".
Ernesto Valverde gave a 'flash interview' to Movistar Partidazo following Barça's goalless draw at San Mamés this evening.
Thoughts on the game: “We were a bit leaden in the first half, we lacked clarity to our game. We were hoping that the rhythm of the game would be more intense but it didn't turn out that way. We're responsible for doing what we need to do. At certain moments of the game they pressed high and were on top of us, that's why it was difficult for us to get past a wall of opponents”.
Lack of communication: “I don't know. In the first half we should have been more assertive and really gone for the game. There were moments when we were not decisive enough. Tiredness? We've had a difficult week but that's not a valid excuse for me”.
Messi: “Lionel is fine and played at full throttle. Ok, he had difficulties, but he played at his best, if he doesn't, then he doesn't play”.
Ter Stegen: “He had a very good game. He made a decisive save in the first half and then pulled out a tremendous stop to deny Susaeta”.
Recommended in English
- TENNIS Osaka gives up AO crown: 'This is the biggest step, even though I lost'
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Nothing quite beats single leg cup football
- NFL NFL playoffs: Rams must score big to beat Brady and Bucs, says Stafford
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea under Thomas Tuchel: a year on
- QATAR 2022 World Cup Qatar 2022, African Qualifiers play-off draw: how and where to watch, times, TV, online