Dortmund: Alcácer joins list of absentees for Spurs game
The in-form Spain striker has a shoulder problem and adds to Dortmund's injury issues with Marco Reus, Julian Weigl and Lukasz Piszczek all out.
Spain striker Paco Alcácer has been ruled out of Borussia Dortmund’s trip to Tottenham in the Champions League on Wednesday with a shoulder problem, adding to the injury isses facing Lucien Favre for the fixture at Wembley.
As well as Alcácer, Favre will be without his captain, Marco Reus, as well as defensive midfielder Julian Weigl and right back Lucasz Piszcek for the opening leg of the tie.
Alcácer has been in fine form for Dortmund since moving from Barcelona last summer, with the Bundesliga club exercising their purchase option on the Spain international early after a return of 13 goals in 21 games this season.
Dortmund short in midfield and defence
Favre is likely to deploy Maximilian Philipp in place of Reus while Mario Götze, who tends to share the striker’s role with Alcácer, will lead the line against Spurs.
Piszczek’s absence will probably see Achraf Hakimi, on loan from Real Madrid, move to the right back slot from his usual position on the left with either Marcel Schmelzer or Abou Diallo filling in for the Morocco international.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL NFL's Jeff Pash and WFT's Bruce Allen implicated in email investigation
- FIFA 22 FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: player cards and how to upgrade them
- MEDICARE What if I miss the Medicare deadline?
- NFL Do NFL teams have their own planes? How do they travel to away games?
- NFL Why do NFL players paint under their eyes?
- QATAR 2022 When does the 2022 FIFA World Cup start? Opening game and final dates