Juventus spotted taking notes on De Ligt against Real Madrid
Juventus' Director of Sport was in the stands at the Johan Cruyff Arena taking a closer look at the talented 19-year-old who is apparently close to joining the 'Vecchia Signiora'.
While Ajax and Real Madrid played out their Champions League Last 16 first leg in Amsterdam last night, some of the attention was reserved for one player in particular - Ajax's 19-year-old central defender Matthijs de Ligt.
Clubs line up for De Ligt
In spite of his tender age, the teenage defender has already aroused the attentions of several of Europe's top clubs, including Barcelona, Paris-Saint Germain, Bayern Munich and Juventus. His excellent technical ability and intelligent way of conducting the ball out from the back has made him one of the most sought-after players on the market. He could leave Ajax this summer.
Taking notes on De Ligt in Amsterdam last night, according to Italian media reports, was Juventus Director of Sport Fabio Paratici. Paratici was taking a second look at the player, who Juve are ready to pay 60 million euros for once the season ends.
De Ligt has scored two goals and set up another in his 20 Eredivisie appearances this season. In the Champions League he is still waiting to open his account but he's registered 90% success rate in passing and wins an average of three high balls per game...
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Packers and Bears clash as Cardinals aim for six wins in a row
- NFL Eagles trade veteran TE Zach Ertz to unbeaten Cardinals
- LALIGA Ambitious Pedri wants to 'win everything every year' with Barça
- SOCCER European nations set to block FIFA World Cup plans regardless of vote
- NFL Which NBA teams have the highest salary cap in the 21-22 season?
- NBA | NETS Durant on Kyrie Irving situation: "What is being mad going to do?"