United pair Martial and Lingard out for up to three weeks
Manchester United will almost certainly face Chelsea and Liverpool without Anthony Martial or Jesse Lingard.
Anthony Martial and Jesse Lingard are facing two to three weeks out due to injury, Manchester United caretaker manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has confirmed. The forwards each suffered injuries in the first half of the 2-0 Champions League defeat to Paris Saint-Germain at Old Trafford on Tuesday.
Chelsea and Liverpool coming up
Solskjaer believes both could be out for the rest of February, meaning they will miss Monday's FA Cup clash with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and the meeting with Premier League leaders Liverpool next Sunday. Youngster Mason Greenwood is also unlikely to be used as a replacement as he too is injured.
"I think they'll be out for two to three weeks," Solskjaer told a news conference when asked about Martial and Lingard. "Then you're looking at young players: Mason Greenwood, it's your time to step in, and he's injured unfortunately, out for a couple of weeks as well. Sometimes that's how the luck goes, but Mason will get his chance."
Race against time
In addition to games against Chelsea and Liverpool, Martial and Lingard could miss Premier League games against Crystal Palace and Southampton on 27 February and 2 March. They will face a battle to be fit for the return leg of the PSG tie at Parc des Princes on 6 March.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Men's 100m, track & field, medal count, results, today 31 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | WRESTLING What types of wrestling are at the Olympics? Differences, rules, format and score system
- GOLD CUP FINAL 2021 Gold Cup final: USA vs Mexico - times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPER LEAGUE Tebas dismisses court ruling asking UEFA to revoke action against Super League trio
- NBA Draft 2021 NBA draft 2021: which players have been selected by each team and main transfers?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo 2020: Why is LeBron James not playing at the Olympic Games?