Le Parisien: Rabiot to join Barcelona on July 1st
The French outlet claim the deal is verbally confirmed with conditions and salary agreed between both sides.
French daily, Le Parisien maintain that PSG player Adrien Rabiot will don the famous claret and navy stripes of FC Barcelona next season. According to the outlet, a verbal deal has been agreed between both sides covering salary and bonus terms.
The player has been marginalised by PSG for refusing to extend his current deal which expires on June 30 (2019). As the PSG first team squad train together, Rabiot trains alone counting down the days to the expiry of his deal. Despite the centre of the Barcelona midfield already featuring talented individuals such as Busquets, Rakitic, De Jong and Arthur, the French player is prepared to strive for a starting place with Le Parisien adding that they anticipate Rakitic to make a Camp Nou exit during the summer months.
On December 30 (2018), Barça issued a statement acknowledging that talks had taken place between the player and club but refuted that any pre-arrangement had been concluded. In the subsequent time-frame Barcelona have filtered a number of messages implying that the Rabiot move was off but the latest revelations from Le Parisien suggest that the move is very much an ongoing concern.
Recommended in English
- NFL What is Dak Prescott's net worth?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Will Social Security beneficiaries get a fourth stimulus check?
- NFL Patriots vs. Bills live online: Bills extend lead in 4th quarter | NFL Playoffs
- NFL The Steelers activate JuJu ahead of Wild Card date with Chiefs
- NFL Could Brian Flores be the Texans next head coach?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis could be back by month end