PSG terminate Lassana Diarra's contract
Paris Saint-Germain have confirmed the departure of Lassana Diarra, with the midfielder having only spent 13 months with the French champions.
Lassana Diarra is a free agent after coming to an agreement with Paris Saint-Germain to end his contract early. Diarra was a surprise signing for PSG last January and made 10 appearances as Unai Emery's side romped to the Ligue 1 title. But under Emery's successor Thomas Tuchel he has played a minimal role, with only three league appearances this season. Diarra's contract was set to expire at the end of the season but the former France international was let go on Thursday.
Paris Saint-Germain have reached an agreement with Lassana Diarra to terminate his contract, due to expire on 30 June 2019. pic.twitter.com/KfdGNDVUoD— Paris Saint-Germain (@PSG_English) February 21, 2019
PSG issue statement on Lass Diarra
"The club thanks Lassana for his professionalism throughout his time at Paris Saint-Germain and wishes him well for the next steps in his career," said a brief PSG statement.
Diarra, whose former clubs include Chelsea, Real Madrid and Olympique de Marseille, will be 34 in March. PSG added to their midfield options in the January transfer window as Argentina international Leandro Paredes joined from Zenit. However, they failed to convince Everton to sell Idrissa Gueye despite a series of bids and Adrien Rabiot is not being considered for selection due to a contract standoff.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Woodley gets ‘I love Jake Paul’ tattoo, wants rematch
- US NEWS What is the meaning of racketeering? How long is a racketeering charge sentence?
- Porter agrees to max extension with Nuggets
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS What qualifies a child for social security benefits?
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- MLB Yankees move ahead as the AL Wild Card chase enters final furlong