Mbappé-Di María partnership pleases PSG boss Tuchel
Kylian Mbappé's combination with Ángel Di María was praised by Paris Saint-Germain coach Thomas Tuchel.
Paris Saint-Germain coach Thomas Tuchel is pleased with the partnership developing between Kylian Mbappé and Ángel Di María. The Ligue 1 giants have managed to maintain their form despite being without injured duo Neymar and Edinson Cavani.
PSG has won five straight games in all competitions, scoring 12 goals and conceding just one ahead of hosting Nimes on Saturday. Tuchel is satisfied with how his side is functioning without their two star forwards, particularly Mbappé's combination with Di María.
"He (Di María) is playing as a second striker with Kylian, which is great because he has the qualities alongside Kylian to be the finisher. I really like that," he told a news conference. "Those are the best players to score goals. Not for the build-up but for the finish. Ángel and Kylian have the qualities for, they have composure and are hungry for goals. They have the technical abilities under pressure. That's great."
PSG is 14 points clear atop Ligue 1 and have played two fewer games than second-placed Lille.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk: boxers’ predictions
- LAVER CUP 2021 Laver Cup 2021 schedule: matches, rounds, dates & times
- PREMIER LEAGUE The Man City middle muddle: Can Guardiola get it right to stop a fourth straight defeat to Chelsea?
- NFL Odell Beckham Jr. close to return for Cleveland Browns
- NFL New York Giants' Nick Gates in good spirits while facing an uncertain future
- NFL New York Jets' Zach Wilson reflects on his disastrous 'four interceptions' game