Neymar is not for sale - PSG president Al-Khelaifi sends unequivocal message to Real Madrid
Real Madrid continue to be linked with a move for Neymar, but PSG sent a pretty clear message to Los Blancos.
Neymar is not for sale and Real Madrid and any other potential suitor for the Brazil superstar can forget about signing the forward, says Paris Saint-Germain president Nasser Al-Khelaifi. Rumours of a return to LaLiga with Madrid or former club Barcelona began circulating shortly after he made the move to the Ligue 1 champions in a record €222million deal from the Blaugranas in August 2017.
The speculation has refused to dissipate despite constant reassurances from PSG's hierarchy that their prized asset, who is sidelined with a foot injury, will stay at Parc des Princes. But Al-Khelaifi was unequivocal when asked by Spanish media about the long-term future of Neymar, who has 13 goals in as many Ligue 1 appearances this season.
"Neither Real Madrid nor any other club in the world needs to call us to talk about Neymar or any other player," he said "Real Madrid knows perfectly well that Neymar is not for sale and that the player will not leave PSG this summer. We have a fantastic relationship with Neymar and his father and it is built to last a long time."
This week, PSG confirmed that Neymar will continue his rehabilitation in Brazil and Al-Khelaifi said he is recovering well. "[He's doing] very good. He's an extraordinary player and person. He shows a great ability to sacrifice and great character to overcome this new injury," he added. "He has been recovering in Paris, also in Barcelona and now in Brazil. It's what was expected since the start by the club's doctors."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Caeleb Dressel 100m swimming, medal count, results, today 29 July
- Stimulus Checks $1000 stimulus check for educators: how to claim it if I haven't received it
- US NEWS Disgraced USA Gymnastics doctor, Larry Nassar has received $2,000 in stimulus checks
- LA GALAXY ‘Chicharito’ Hernández to miss his sixth consecutive MLS game due to injury
- Olympic Games | Gymnastics How tall and what age are the USA gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Jade Carey, the US gymnast replacing Simone Biles at the Olympics?