Schalke-Man City: Man arrested after alleged assault on away fan
With a Manchester City fan in critical condition, a 30-year-old man has been arrested in connection to an incident in Germany last week.
An unnamed man has been arrested in connection with the alleged assault that left a Manchester City fan in critical condition following their Champions League match against Schalke.
Fan suffered "massive traumatic brain injury"
City appealed for information after the incident at Veltins Arena on 20 February, with some members of club staff remaining in Germany to support the fan's family.
Polizei Gelsenkirchen said the supporter had suffered a "massive traumatic brain injury" as they launched an investigation.
German police confirm arrest made
And police in Germany have now made an arrest relating to the incident.
A 30-year-old man from the city was arrested on Monday morning in the Buer district and is now being held.
Polizei Gelsenkirchen's statement read: "The police arranged a homicide division to help investigate the case. Their extensive investigations directed to the contemporary identification of a suspect.
"The 30-year old man from Gelsenkirchen is a member of the so-called 'Hugos', a problematic grouping of fans."
City won the last-16 first leg 3-2 after late goals from former Schalke winger Leroy Sané and Raheem Sterling.
Te recomendamos en English
- EMMY AWARDS What's the difference between an Emmy and an Oscar award?
- US NEWS Body found in Wyoming fits the description of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito
- NFL Cleveland Browns safety Ronnie Harrison Jr. fined for a push
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs 35 vs Baltimore Ravens 36 summary: score, stats, and highlights | Week 2
- NFL The New Orleans Saints slump to defeat against Carolina Panthers
- NFL NY Jets QB Zach Wilson throws 4 interceptions in loss to Patriots