Keylor set to start against Barça as he seeks first Copa del Rey
The Costa Rican keeper is reinstated as a starter for the first time in three weeks, since the first leg, in the only competition he is yet to win with Madrid.
Keylor's last appearance in the Real Madrid starting line-up came three weeks ago in the first leg of the Copa del Rey semi-final against Barcelona, which ended 1-1 to keep the tie finely balanced. In that game the Costa Rican keeper was decisive once again, particularly in the first half with a save to deny Malcom.
Without further opportunities since then, Solari is clearly keen to give him more time between the sticks - and in such a high-profile game - and Keylor has been working on the Valdebebas training pitch with customary professionalism, so often praised by his team-mates.
This may well be Keylor's last El Clásico if he decides to leave the Bernabéu in the summer. Since he joined Madrid in 2014 he has won the Champions League (three), LaLiga (one), the Club World Cup (four), the European Super Cup (three) and the Spanish Super Cup (one). All that remains is the Copa del Rey.
Recommended in English
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers’ net worth?
- NFL Aaron Rodgers calls out Biden's 'fake White House' after vaccine spat
- NFL How and where to watch Bills v Chiefs: Kickoff time, TV channel, live stream
- NFL 49ers 13 vs. 10 Packers summary: Gould FG seals Niners win, stats, and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Burrow sacked nine times in Bengals win over Titans
- NFL Chiefs Tyreek Hill fined $12K for pom-pom celebration vs Steelers