Roma sack Di Francesco after Champions League exit
The 'Giallorossi´were eliminated from the Champions League in an extra time defeat to FC Porto and were humbled last weekend in the Rome derby by Lazio.
AS Roma confirmed this evening that Eusebio di Francesco will no longer coach the Serie A side. Defeat in the Rome derby to arch rivals Lazio at the weekend coupled with a Round of 16 exit at the hands of FC Porto were key factors in the motives behind the dismissal.
The Giallorossi lie fifth in Serie A outside an automatic Champions League place and trail runaway leaders Juventus by 28 points.
AS Roma can confirm head coach Eusebio Di Francesco has left the club with immediate effect.— AS Roma English (@ASRomaEN) March 7, 2019
The club would like to thank Eusebio for his work during his time at #ASRoma and wish him success in the future.
Full story ➡️ https://t.co/QGeElB7LnF pic.twitter.com/5wa9ndQeda
The club issued a statement on Thursday evening confirming the decision with president Jim Pallotta thanking di Francesco for his work at the club.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPICS Team USA vs Spain 2021 Tokyo Olympics live updates: score, stats, highlights
- OLYMPIC GAMES How does sport climbing work at the Olympics? Rules, format and score system
- OLYMPICS GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 2 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES Simone Biles returns for gymnastic's balance beam finals: times, TV, and how to watch 2021 Olympics
- TRAVEL Which countries are in the ‘Level 4: Do not travel' category?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER The USWNT will play against Australia for bronze