Roma sack Di Francesco after Champions League exit
The 'Giallorossi´were eliminated from the Champions League in an extra time defeat to FC Porto and were humbled last weekend in the Rome derby by Lazio.
AS Roma confirmed this evening that Eusebio di Francesco will no longer coach the Serie A side. Defeat in the Rome derby to arch rivals Lazio at the weekend coupled with a Round of 16 exit at the hands of FC Porto were key factors in the motives behind the dismissal.
The Giallorossi lie fifth in Serie A outside an automatic Champions League place and trail runaway leaders Juventus by 28 points.
AS Roma can confirm head coach Eusebio Di Francesco has left the club with immediate effect.— AS Roma English (@ASRomaEN) March 7, 2019
The club would like to thank Eusebio for his work during his time at #ASRoma and wish him success in the future.
Full story ➡️ https://t.co/QGeElB7LnF pic.twitter.com/5wa9ndQeda
The club issued a statement on Thursday evening confirming the decision with president Jim Pallotta thanking di Francesco for his work at the club.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Joshua: "No real strategy except for winning" against Usyk
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Osyk: date, tickets, venue
- WORLD NEWS How does Evergrande conglomerate put China's housing system in danger of collapse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp salutes Liverpool ace Minamino and reveals Firmino fitness update
- GOLF Five reasons why we all love the Ryder Cup
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement