Lacazette boost as Arsenal win appeal ahead of Rennes test
Arsenal must overturn a 3-1 deficit when they host Rennes, but head coach Unai Emery will have Alexandre Lacazette available.
Alexandre Lacazette is available to play for Arsenal against Rennes on Thursday after the club's appeal over his Europa League suspension was partially upheld by UEFA.
Alex set for Rennes comeback
Lacazette was shown a straight red for elbowing Aleksandar Filipovic as Arsenal suffered a 1-0 loss away to BATE in their last-32 first leg.
The forward was given a three-game ban and missed Arsenal's comeback in the second leg, as well as their 3-1 defeat away to Rennes in the first meeting of their last-16 tie.
But UEFA confirmed on Tuesday that the suspension has been reduced to two matches and, as he has already sat out two games, he can play against Rennes at Emirates Stadium.
The France international has hit 14 goals in all competitions for Unai Emery's side this term, having formed a dangerous partnership with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Woodley gets ‘I love Jake Paul’ tattoo, wants rematch
- US NEWS What is the meaning of racketeering? How long is a racketeering charge sentence?
- Porter agrees to max extension with Nuggets
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS What qualifies a child for social security benefits?
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- MLB Yankees move ahead as the AL Wild Card chase enters final furlong