Dortmund's Mario Gotze sidelined with broken rib
Mario Gotze is expected to miss the next few Borussia Dortmund games after being diagnosed with a broken rib.
Borussia Dortmund attacking midfielder Mario Gotze is set for a spell on the sidelines with a broken rib.
Gotze sustained the injury prior to Saturday's Bundesliga match against Hertha Berlin and consequently did not travel to the capital with the Dortmund squad.
No timeframe has been given for the 26-year-old's return to action.
Team News :— Borussia Dortmund (@BlackYellow) March 16, 2019
Mario Götze has suffered a broken rib and did not travel with the squad to Berlin. We look forward to his return soon! pic.twitter.com/cD1dJ7oth4
Gotze wrote on Twitter: "Due to a broken rib, I cannot help my team in Berlin.
"I keep my fingers crossed for the boys and I hope to play again soon."
Dortmund will return to the top of the Bundesliga with a win at the Olympiastadion, as leaders Bayern Munich are not in action until Sunday, when they face Mainz.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT Global Citizen 2021 live online: singers, performances and concerts
- GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN 2021 Why is the White House planning for a government shutdown?
- FOURTH STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: how many signatures does the petition for the new payment have?
- SERIE A Honours even between Inter and Atalanta at San Siro
- PREMIER LEAGUE Enthralling Brentford-Liverpool clash ends with honours even
- SOCCER Man City: Guardiola "proud" after breaking record in Chelsea win