PSG confirm knee injuries for Meunier and Alves
Paris Saint-Germain beat Marseille 3-1 on Sunday despite Thomas Meunier and Dani Alves withdrawing due to knee injuries before half-time.
Thomas Meunier and Dani Alves will be sidelined with knee injuries, Paris Saint-Germain have confirmed.
Both Meunier and Alves were substituted before half-time during Sunday's 3-1 Ligue 1 win over rivals Marseille at the Parc des Princes.
In a short statement, PSG confirmed Belgium international Meunier had suffered ligament damage, with a posterolateral corner injury to his right knee.
Veteran right-back Alves is recuperating from bone bruising in his left knee. The club did not place a timeframe on either player's return.
Meanwhile, Julian Draxler is stepping up his rehabilitation from the hamstring injury that ruled him out of duty with Germany.
Thomas Tuchel's side are 20 points clear at the top of Ligue 1, having played a one game fewer than nearest challengers Lille.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and Child Tax Credit live updates: can it be passed in August? Dates, tax return, opt-out...
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 3 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS Tokyo Olympics: Warholm breaks own record of 46-second in 400 m hurdle gold run
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS How many Olympic medals has Simone Biles? What's her position in US historical ranking?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics: Belarus must answer to IOC over Tsimanouskaya saga
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics Recap: Warholm hurdles into history, Durant inspires USA into basketball semis