Falcao dedicates winning goal to Juan Fer' Quintero
The Colombia captain dedicated his 64th minute penalty to River Plate player Quintero who damaged his cruciate ligament last week.
Radamel Falcao bagged his 33rd goal for the Colombian national side as his solitary strike from the penalty spot was enough for the "Cafeteros" to see off Japan in Yokahama in a friendly game.
As part of the celebration, the Monaco player headed for the Colombia bench and displayed the No. 20 shirt with the name of Juan Fernando Quintero paying tribute to the River Plate player and compatriot who damaged his cruciate ligament last week in a Superliga Argentina match.
#VamosColombia ¡GOOL de Colombia! Falcao García pone el primero contra Japón. Bonita celebración de los nuestros para Juan Fernando Quintero— Gol Caracol (@GolCaracol) 22 de marzo de 2019
¡Con Caracol Play podrá disfrutar de este partido!: https://t.co/7VtJVNNGdQ pic.twitter.com/d4R0671zMb
Colombia are next in action on Tuesday as they face South Korea in the capital Seoul on Tuesday.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth