Christensen: "Chelsea won't sell anyone this summer"
Chelsea want to keep all of their players this summer according to the Danish central defender which could scupper a deal sending Hazard to Real Madrid.
A new development in Chelsea's transfer ban could mean nobody leaves Stamford Bridge in the summer. According to Andreas Christensen, nobody will be sold by the Premier League side this summer.
The Danish defender has spoke with the press in his home country during international break and says, "the messages we have received are that Chelsea can not fight the case and, due to that, want to keep all of their players," according to Ekstra Bladet.
Christensen has not played much in the league this season with just three games under his belyt but he has started every Europa League game. "I have tried to show my game off during training," he said but admits it's hard and says he want to continue playing whenever he can.
Eden Hazard remains linked with Real Madrid and he refuses to kill speculation. The return of Zidane seemed to push him even close to the LaLiga side but this could complicate things.
His deal finishes in 2020, which is when the transfer ban ends for Chelsea. If they forced him to stay, he could land at whatever club he wanted as a free agent and with the London club getting nothing in return.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands