Best foreign player ever to have graced the Premier League
The BBC counted up the more than 250,000 votes and shared the results in which two Frenchman and a Portuguese star made up the podium.
The BBC has conducted a survey to guage their viewers opinion on who has been the best foreign footballer to have played in the Premier League, which started in 1992. After totting up more than 250,000 votes, the results had a few surprises in them with Thierry Henry claiming top spot with 45%.
Henry tops the Premier list
The memory left by the Arsenal star was a strong one. The French forward spent nine seasons with the Gunners (1999-2007 and 2012) where he won two league titles (one of them as part of the famed 'Invincibles') and three domestic cups.
Behind Henry came Cristiano Ronaldo (14%) and Eric Cantona (12%), both former Manchester United heroes. The Portuguese player spent six seasons at Old Trafford (2003-09) and achieved, among other titles, one Champions League and three Premier Leagues. The enigmatic Frenchman starred between 1993 and 1997, being crowned champions of England four times.
In the top 10 there is only one Spaniard, David Silva. The man from the Canary Islands arrived in 2010 and has since played almost 400 games for Manchester City. He has won three Premier League titles and been a key figure in this period of growth towards excellence under Pep Guardiola.
Ten best foreign players in Premier League history
1. Henry (Arsenal, 1999-2007 and 2012): 45%
2. Cristiano (Man Utd, 2003-09): 14%
3. Cantona (Leeds, 1992, and Man Utd, 1992-97): 12%
4. Agüero (Man City, ): 8%
5. Drogba (Chelsea, 2004-12): 6%
6. Peter Schmeichel (Man Utd, 1991-99; Aston Villa, 2001-02, and Man City, 02-03): 5%
7. David Silva (Man City, 2010-19): 2%
8. Vidic (Man Utd, 2005-14): 2%
9. Vieira (Arsenal, 1996-2005, and Man City, 2012): 2%
10. Kompany (Man City, 2008-19): 2%
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers taunts Bears fans: "All my f****** life I own you" after Packers win
- NFL Browns QB Mayfield dislocates shoulder again but expects to play Thursday
- SERIE A Johan Vásquez scores in his Serie A debut with Genoa
- REAL MADRID Benzema has his eyes set on this year's Ballon d'Or
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Mbappé looks to follow Ronaldo's path at Real Madrid
- NBA Simmons returns to 76ers practice, will play 'when he's ready'