Ibrahimovic or Messi? Boateng clear about best teammate
Kevin-Prince Boateng has played with some of the greats, and there was one name first on his mind when asked for the best in an interview.
Kevin-Prince Boateng said Zlatan Ibrahimovic is the best player he has played with as the Barcelona midfielder overlooked superstar team-mate Lionel Messi.
Zlatan over Messi for Boateng
Boateng has played alongside some of the greatest footballers, and Ibrahimovic stands out for the former Ghana international
Ibrahimovic and Boateng were team-mates at AC Milan, with the pair helping the Serie A giants win the 2010-11 Scudetto.
Asked to name the best player he has played with, Boateng told Barcelona TV in a Q&A: "Zlatan Ibrahimovic."
Prince's zero gravity chair > your zero gravity chair. pic.twitter.com/ONci24UAzF— FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona) March 26, 2019
Boateng's answer came as a surprise, given he plays with five-time Ballon d'Or winner and Barca's all-time leading goalscorer Messi.
The 32-year-old, who completed a shock loan move to Barca in January, was forced to dismiss suggestions of a past allegiance to Real Madrid and Cristiano Ronaldo following his Camp Nou arrival.
Boateng lauded Messi as the best player "in this world and every world" during his official presentation after past quotes declaring himself a Madrid fan and describing Ronaldo as the world's best resurfaced.
Messi has scored 39 goals in all competitions this season, while Boateng has only made three appearances since swapping Sassuolo for Barca on loan.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Is a government shutdown going to happen at the end of the month?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Football heading for 30-minute halves and stopped clock
- NFL Houston's Mills will be fourth rookie QB to start this year
- NFL Tom Brady admits he wants to be paid in Bitcoin
- SOCCER UEFA criticises FIFA for lack of consultation on World Cup proposals
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash