Barça's Messi named LaLiga March Player of the Month
The Argentinean striker picked up the individual award in a month that see his Barcelona side consolidate their lead at the summit of LaLiga.
Barça striker Lionel Messi has been named the LaLiga Santander Player of the Month for March. A successful month for the player and his club saw the Argentine contribute in securing valuable points and goals that saw Barcelona remain on course to retain their LaLiga title.
Barça opened the month with a morale boosting away win at the Bernabéu with Croatian Ivan Rakitic bagging the only goal of the game. In match-day 27 Barça overcame relegation threatened Rayo Vallecano 3-1 at Camp Nou with Messi grabbing a goal and an assist. Revenge was sweet for Ernesto Valverde's side as they avenged an earlier home defeat by Real Betis by notching a 1-4 win at the Benito Villamarin with Messi delivering a virtuoso performance that included three goals from the No.10. After the international break Messi bagged a double in the Catalan derby as part of a 2-0 home win over Espanyol.
Leo Messi will be presented with the award in front of his own fans at Camp Nou ahead of Barcelona's key league clash against Atletico Madrid on Saturday (April 6) with a 20:45 CEST start.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds