Barcelona reissue 1998 season shirt to celebrate anniversary
Celebrating twenty years of their collaboration with US sportswear giant Nike, FC Barcelona are set to release a re-issue of the classic shirt.
FC Barcelona and US sportswear brand Nike have enjoyed a successful relationship in their twenty year partnership and to celebrate the anniversary, the Oregon based brand will launch a special limited edition re-issue of the first shirt that they created for the Catalan outfit.
The 1998-99 season Barça shirt was worn by the likes of Rivaldo, Luis Enrique and Xavi and the shirt will go on sale as of Wednesday April 10.
The shirt features the classic navy and burgundy colours synonymous with Barça but with much thicker stripes than currently being used on the 2018/19 season home version and will be free of sponsorship, remaining faithful with the original 90s version.
Recommended in English
- NATURAL DISASTERS Why do tsunamis happen in the Pacific Ocean?
- ENVIRONMENT Earth's sixth mass extinction has begun according to scientists
- TENNIS Djokovic could be spared three year Australia entry ban
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL NFL Playoff Bracket: Who will play who in the Divisional Round?
- TENNIS Djokovic banned from Australia for three years, federal government confirms