Kane off injured in Tottenham's clash with Manchester City
Tottenham lost Harry Kane to injury in the second half of their Champions League meeting with Manchester City at their new stadium. Coach Pochettino fears the worst.
Harry Kane was forced off with an apparent ankle injury after 56 minutes of Tottenham's Champions League quarter-final first leg against Manchester City at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
The England striker appeared to turn his left ankle awkwardly as he went to challenge City's Fabian Delph on the touchline shortly before the hour mark. It was clear immediately that the striker was in some distress.
Kane just back from ankle injury
Kane was immediately helped down the tunnel by Spurs staff, unable to put any weight on the injury, as Lucas Moura came on to replace him. The Tottenham striker had previously injured the same ankle - suffering a torn ligament - an injury which had kept him out for 40 days, from 14 January to 23 February this year, missing eight games. This is Kane's third such injury in just over a year.
The incident could be a huge blow not only to Spurs' hopes of reaching the semi-finals, but also their challenge to finish in the Premier League's top four this season.
Mauricio Pochettino's side host Huddersfield Town on Saturday before they face City away, just three days on from the second leg of the Champions League tie at the Etihad Stadium.
Pochettino worried over Kane
Speaking after the game Tottenham coach Mauricio Pochettino said the injury "did not look good but we need to check over the next few days. It's so painful". Continuing, the Argentinean said "It's very, very sad. It's going to be tough and we're going to miss him - maybe for the rest of the season".
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands