Diego Costa and Atlético Madrid find out ban for referee abuse
Following the foul abuse and aggression towards Gil Manzano, the official in the game against Barcelona on Saturday, the striker has received a lengthy ban.
Diego Costa has been suspended for eight football matches following his actions in the Barcelona clash on Saturday at the Camp Nou. The Spanish federation confirmed the decision for the Atlético Madrid striker on Wednesday morning.
Costa to miss eight games for Atlético
Costa is being banned for four games for the insults directed towards match referee, Gil Manzano, and another four for grabbing the official's arm.
With only seven matches remaining for Diego Simeone's side this season, Costa will already be thinking about his summer holiday or, according to some commentators, a new chapter in his career.
Recommended in English
- MLB Why is the MLB close to a lockout? What are the key issues?
- NFL Where does the Dallas Cowboys - New York Giants team rivalry comes from?
- NFL Who has the biggest NFL rivalry?
- US NEWS What services are likely to stop during a government shutdown?
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES Supreme Court on Roe v Wade live updates: arguments, Abortion Law, Mississippi...
- NFL Who are the 10 best Dallas Cowboy players of all time?