Schalke's Weston McKennie back in training ahead of schedule
The USA international suffered a nasty injury during the international break and it was feared his season was over but he is back on the training pitch.
Schalke 04 midfielder Weston McKennie suffered an injury during the last international break with the United States national team that at first appeared to be a season-ending one as it was believed to be a tear in the ankle ligament.
However, reports in Germany state that McKennie is back in training, although he has been doing individual work for the last few days. However, he is expected to be back in full training before long, which is good news for the Bundesliga club ahead of the season run-in.
Road to recovery
McKennie's recovery was expected to take longer, but the 20-year-old midfielder has shown a rapid improvement and his ankle has responded well to his reintroduction.
Schalke 04 will visit relegation-threatened Nürnberg on Friday evening in match week 29. Schalke sit in 14th in the Bundesliga with just six games of the season remaining.
Recommended in English
- TENNIS Osaka gives up AO crown: 'This is the biggest step, even though I lost'
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Nothing quite beats single leg cup football
- NFL NFL playoffs: Rams must score big to beat Brady and Bucs, says Stafford
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea under Thomas Tuchel: a year on
- QATAR 2022 World Cup Qatar 2022, African Qualifiers play-off draw: how and where to watch, times, TV, online