Coman-Lewandowski: Bayern boss Kovac confirms fight
Niko Kovac confirmed a fight took place between Kingsley Coman and Robert Lewandowski during a Bayern Munich training session.
Kingsley Coman and Robert Lewandowski traded blows in a training ground bust-up, Bayern Munich boss Niko Kovac has confirmed.
German publication Bild reported Coman and Lewandowski clashed following a heated exchange on Thursday and Kovac admitted the fight took place.
"There was a fight"
Defenders Niklas Süle and Jerome Boateng are said to have separated the pair in an incident that could disrupt squad harmony ahead of the final six games of the Bundesliga season.
The club have not handed down any sanctions and Kovac insisted the star attackers have resolved their spat.
"There was a fight between two players who were named in the media," Kovac said on Friday.
"The matter is done and dusted"
"The three of us discussed it after training, and both apologised for their behaviour and were sorry for what happened.
"No one is being fined because both players were understanding, and being understanding is very important now. The matter is done and dusted.
"No further questions will be answered. Now it's all about the upcoming game [against Fortuna Dusseldorf on Sunday]."
Lewandowski's future in Munich remains unclear as despite previously expressing an interest in a new challenge, with Real Madrid regularly mentioned as a possible destination, he is reportedly close to signing a contract extension.
Te recomendamos en English
- EMMY AWARDS What's the difference between an Emmy and an Oscar award?
- US NEWS Body found in Wyoming fits the description of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito
- NFL Cleveland Browns safety Ronnie Harrison Jr. fined for a push
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs 35 vs Baltimore Ravens 36 summary: score, stats, and highlights | Week 2
- NFL The New Orleans Saints slump to defeat against Carolina Panthers
- NFL NY Jets QB Zach Wilson throws 4 interceptions in loss to Patriots