PSG: Herrera signing could cause squad unrest, says Le Parisien
The newspaper says that the salary being offered to the Manchester United midfielder may leave some PSG players' noses out of joint.
Having failed to agree a new contract at Manchester United, all the indications are that Ander Herrera will leave Old Trafford on a free transfer at the end of the season, with Paris Saint-Germain the midfielder's likely destination.
Herrera a signing PSG need - but...
However, although PSG are in need of summer reinforcements in the engine room, particularly given Adrien Rabiot's first-team banishment and imminent departure, a report in the French media suggests that Herrera's arrival at the Parc des Princes could cause a rift in the dressing room.
According to Le Parisien, the 12m-euro annual wage that PSG are thought to be offering Herrera may not go down well at all with other long-serving, experienced members of the squad who earn less than that, such as Marquinhos and Marco Verratti, not least because the Spaniard is not expected to be a starter.
PSG a point away from French title
Ligue 1 leaders PSG face second-placed Lille on Sunday, needing just a point to secure their sixth French championship in the last seven years.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 29 July
- GOLD CUP Mexico vs Canada, Gold Cup semi-final: how to watch - times, TV, online
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 29 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | GYMNASTICS Simone Biles suffers twisties: What are they? How do they affect gymnasts?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness