PSG: Herrera signing could cause squad unrest, says Le Parisien
The newspaper says that the salary being offered to the Manchester United midfielder may leave some PSG players' noses out of joint.
Having failed to agree a new contract at Manchester United, all the indications are that Ander Herrera will leave Old Trafford on a free transfer at the end of the season, with Paris Saint-Germain the midfielder's likely destination.
Herrera a signing PSG need - but...
However, although PSG are in need of summer reinforcements in the engine room, particularly given Adrien Rabiot's first-team banishment and imminent departure, a report in the French media suggests that Herrera's arrival at the Parc des Princes could cause a rift in the dressing room.
According to Le Parisien, the 12m-euro annual wage that PSG are thought to be offering Herrera may not go down well at all with other long-serving, experienced members of the squad who earn less than that, such as Marquinhos and Marco Verratti, not least because the Spaniard is not expected to be a starter.
PSG a point away from French title
Ligue 1 leaders PSG face second-placed Lille on Sunday, needing just a point to secure their sixth French championship in the last seven years.
Te recomendamos en English
- WORLD NEWS Spanish volcanologist explains what will happen when the lava reaches the sea on La Palma
- NFL NFL: Which players were fined from Week 2?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-Of-Living-Projection historically high?
- US NEWS What age should you file for social security to get the maximum benefits?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Arsenal vs Tottenham live online: Premier League 2021/22