Capello: "I was told Real Madrid have €500 million to spend"
The former Real Madrid manager told Sky Sports Italia that Real Madrid have a massive amount of money to spend to overhaul their squad.
Real Madrid will be one of the most active teams in the transfer market this summer. Fabio Capello, the club's former manager told Sky Sports Italy just how much money they have to spend once the season ends.
"They told me Real Madrid have €500 million to spend on signings," he said. "I was in Barcelona this week and someone who knows Real Madrid really well told me that."
Several players could be on the move with Zidane starting to give hints as to who might be considered expendable with the likes of Eden Hazard linked with a move to the club.
Capello thinks Zidane has more power at Real Madrid this time
The Italian, who managed the club on two seperate occasions, spoke about the decision made to bring Zinedine Zidane back. "It surprised me that Zidane returned, but I think that he has a lot more power now than before," he said recently at the World Soccer Congress.
Real Madrid are planning a massive overhaul this summer. Zinedine Zidane said he is looking at an evolution rather than a revolution but several key players in recent seasons could be on the move the futures of Bale, Isco, Marcelo and Kroos in doubt when the window opens at the end of June.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Joshua: "No real strategy except for winning" against Usyk
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Osyk: date, tickets, venue
- WORLD NEWS How does Evergrande conglomerate put China's housing system in danger of collapse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp salutes Liverpool ace Minamino and reveals Firmino fitness update
- GOLF Five reasons why we all love the Ryder Cup
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement