Nani explains why he swapped Sporting for Orlando
In an interview with Radio Renacimiento, the Portuguese international gave the reasons why he left Sporting and described his arrival in the MLS.
Nani arrived in the MLS during the winter transfer market leaving the team he loves to start a new adventure at the United States, and after four mouths with Orlando City, the former Manchester United player explained how his arrival in Florida took place.
The Portuguese winger explained in an interview with Radio Renacimiento that he didn't want to leave Sporting, and it cost him a lot to go, but the economic situation of the team forced him to leave and set his destination to the MLS.
One of the reasons behind Nani's departure was his high salary, which the club could no longer cover due to economic problems. "With the financial situation, and after a private conversation with the management of the club, everything indicated that I had to start a new journey," explained the Portuguese international.
Nani in the MLS
Nani confessed feeling happy playing in the United States, besides saying he feels motivated and could return to the Portugal national team, as he still considers himself young and able to contribute something to them.
"I could go to another EuroCup with the national team without a doubt, I feel good, I'm young with a lot of experience," he stated.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL | PACKERS Rodgers: Packers Super Bowl contenders after 49ers win
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES What’s the latest on the NYC DOE covid-19 vaccine mandate?
- US NEWS What caused the Amtrak train derailment?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Ansu Fati returns to Barcelona after long layoff
- NFL Mahomes talks after Kansas City Chief's 30-24 defeat to Los Angeles Chargers
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ancelotti on Sheriff, Modric, Kroos, Zidane, Mendy