Tottenham-Ajax referee confirmed as Mateu Lahoz
The Spanish match official has been designated by UEFA to oversee the first leg of the 2018/19 Champions League semi-final in North London.
Antonio Mateu Lahoz has been selected by UEFA to officiate the first leg of the Champions League semi final next Tuesday as Tottenham welcome Dutch side Ajax to their new Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
Mateu Lahoz has already overseen the English side in action this season with the Spaniard refereeing Spurs in their 3-0 win over Dortmund on February 13 in the group stage.
The match official has already refereed six UEFA games this season already: Benfica-Bayern Munich (0-2), Red Star-Liverpool (2-0), Lokomotive Moscow-Galatasaray (2-0), Tottenham-Borussia (3-0), Eintracht-Shakhtar Donestsk (4-1) (Europa League) and Liverpool-FC Porto (2-0).
Mateu Lahoz will be supported by assistant referees Pau Cebrián and Roberto del Palomar, with VAR duties being overseen by Alejandro Hernández and with Alberto Undiano Mallenco as fourth official on the night.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL | PACKERS Rodgers: Packers Super Bowl contenders after 49ers win
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES What’s the latest on the NYC DOE covid-19 vaccine mandate?
- US NEWS What caused the Amtrak train derailment?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Ansu Fati returns to Barcelona after long layoff
- NFL Mahomes talks after Kansas City Chief's 30-24 defeat to Los Angeles Chargers
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ancelotti on Sheriff, Modric, Kroos, Zidane, Mendy