Ndombélé: Real Madrid in talks over signing of Lyon midfielder
Real Madrid have held initial discussions with Tanguy Ndombélé's agents, with a view to purchasing the France player this summer.
Real Madrid have begun conversations over the summer signing of Tanguy Ndombélé from Olympique Lyon.
Initial talks over Ndombélé Madrid move successful
Re-appointed Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane is eager for the LaLiga giants to move for Ndombélé, 22, and the journalist Dahbia Hattabia has confirmed that representatives of the France international recently travelled to the Spanish capital for initial talks over his arrival at the Santiago Bernabéu.
During the discussions, Madrid chiefs sought to ascertain the kind of terms that Ndombélé would be looking for, and also took the chance to lay out the club's plans for the coming campaign. According to Hattabia, the talks proved highly encouraging for both parties.
PSG and Juventus also keen on midfielder
However, the acquisition of Ndombélé won't necessarily be a straightforward deal to get over the line, not least because Paris Saint-Germain and Juventus are also eyeing close-season swoops for the player, who is under contract at Lyon until 2023.
"We'll only let one or two leave", warns Lyon president
What's more, although Madrid have a good relationship with Lyon, the Ligue 1 side's president, Jean-Michel Aulas, has warned that he won't let the club's squad be picked apart this summer, as suitors also queue up for forward Nabil Fekir.
"I get the feeling we're going to be attacked this summer," Aulas said a few weeks ago. "Top European clubs are keen on our players, but I think we'll only let one or two leave."
Recommended in English
- FORMULA 1 Lewis Hamilton wants to see change in Saudi Arabia
- SOCIAL SECURITY What is an unrestricted Social Security card? How can I apply for it?
- NFL Bucs' Bruce Arians wants the NFL to look at other teams.
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Betis: times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What is the difference between an abortion pill and Plan B?
- SOCCER AC Milan defender Simon Kjaer out for the rest of the season after undergoing knee surgery