Neymar reaches 50 goals for PSG with penalty against Nice
Paris Saint-Germain forward Neymar converted from the penalty spot against Nice to take him to 50 goals for the French champions.
Neymar scored for the 50th time for Paris Saint-Germain in Saturday's Ligue 1 clash with Nice, reaching the half-century landmark in his 57th game.
The Brazil international converted from the penalty spot on the hour mark at the Parc des Princes to cancel out Ignatius Ganago's opener early in the second half.
Angel Di Maria charged into the opposition box and was felled by Patrick Burner, gifting Neymar a goal from 12 yards as he rolled the ball past Walter Benitez.
Two goals in four games for Neymar
Having fired blanks in the league games against Monaco and Montpellier, either side of scoring in the Coupe de France final clash with Rennes - which PSG lost on penalties - Neymar now has two goals in four matches since returning from a three-month lay-off with a foot injury.
It takes him to 50 goals overall for the French champions since joining from Barcelona in a record-breaking move in August 2017.
Neymar, who found the back of the net 105 times in four full seasons with Barca, is reportedly facing a ban of between three and eight matches for allegedly punching a fan following his side's cup final defeat to Rennes last week.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Does Medicaid cover dental? How can I find a clinic that accepts Medicaid?
- US NEWS Who controls gas prices in the United States? How can the price of gas go down?
- US NEWS Why are gas pricing increasing in October 2021?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many numbers are in a Social Security Number?
- SOCCER Pelé moving 'closer to the goal' as Brazil great continues recovery
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE New setback for Atlético Madrid's Marcos Llorente