Zlatan finally scores against one of the New York teams
The Swedish striker finally scored against one of the 'Big Apple' teams when LA Galaxy visited Red Bull Arena in MLS week 10.
Ahead of Saturday's match between NY Red Bulls and LA Galaxy, Zlatan Ibrahimovic still needed to net against seven MLS teams, of which only four he had faced before: the Montreal Impact, Colorado Rapids, Atlanta United and of course Red Bulls. However, that has already changed.
The LA captain has finally scored against one of the two teams the city of New York has, although that wasn't enough to help Galaxy go back home with another win, as the West Coast team was defeated 3-2 at Red Bull Arena.
Zlatan has enjoyed a fantastic scoring streak so far this season, and after finding the net against Red Bulls, the Swedish Lion how boasts a total of nine goals, edging closer to LAFC captain Carlos Vela, who leads the way with 11.
And now he just needs to score against New York City FC, but with the streak and average Ibra has managed since landing in the MLS, it's not hard to believe he will be able to hit the target against every team he has left to score against.
Los Angeles Galaxy
The LA outfit's next rival will be Columbus Crew, who they visit on Wednesday, 8 May at Mapfre Stadium. And on Saturday, 11 May, Zlatan will then get his chance against NYC FC, when Galaxy face Domènec Torrent Font's side at home.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT When is Adele's '30' album coming out? Where can I listen to it?
- NBA Best paid NBA players in 2021/22 season
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight Week 6? | TV and times
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Newcastle's new owners consider move for Erling Haaland
- SOCCER | PREMIER LEAGUE "Salah has to experience Real Madrid"
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game