Klopp says Origi's Liverpool winner was like a 'fairytale'
Another late goal from striker Divock Origi delighted Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp.
Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp compared another late winner from Divock Origi to a 'fairytale' after a dramatic victory over Newcastle United.
Origi to the Reds rescue
Origi headed in an 86th-minute goal to give Liverpool a 3-2 win on Saturday and see them return to the Premier League summit.
Having had few opportunities this season, Origi has still netted three times in the league – his latest goal adding to the 96th-minute winner he scored against Everton in the Merseyside derby in December.
Origi headed in a set-piece from another player who has had limited chances – Xherdan Shaqiri – and Klopp hailed the duo's impact.
"So crucial. What can I say? It is just brilliant, it is like a fairytale," he told a news conference.
"You can say whatever you want about me – they don't play often enough, Shaqiri not often enough. I make this decision.
"It is great that they do it, I love it. That was really a big moment."
The Premier League title race will go down to the final day of the season after Liverpool pushed two points clear of Manchester City, who host Leicester City on Monday.
Liverpool will host Wolves on the final day while Manchester City make the trip to Brighton and Hove Albion.
Recommended in English
- LIGA MX Atlas to face Pumas UNAM in the semi-final
- PRIMEIRA LIGA Covid-hit Belenenses SAD hammered by Benfica in forfeited game
- JUVENTUS Juventus confirm police probe into Serie A club's transfer dealings
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- BALLON D'OR When did Cristiano Ronaldo win his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats