Cristiano Ronaldo to be named in Portugal's Nations League squad
After missing his country's qualifying campaign, Cristiano Ronaldo will feature for Portugal at the Nations League finals.
Cristiano Ronaldo will be called up to the Portugal squad for the Nations League finals next month, Fernando Santos has confirmed.
Cristiano "will certainly be in the squad" - Portugal boss
Portugal boss Santos, who guided the nation to their first-ever international tournament triumph when they won Euro 2016, made the announcement when speaking with Sport TV.
"Yes, CR7 will certainly be in the squad that I will name on 23 May," he said. "His absence during the group stage, which has already been explained, was totally legitimate and understandable."
Portugal will face Switzerland on 5 June in the semi-finals and victory will see them through to a second final in three years and take on either England or Netherlands, who will contest the other semi-final.
Juventus star absent from Nations League group fixtures
Ronaldo, 34, did not feature in the Nations League group games against Italy and Poland but did make a return to international football when he featured against Ukraine and Serbia in Euro 2020 qualifiers.
The Juventus forward has scored 85 goals in 156 appearances for his country.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS US Will the covid-19 vaccine be mandatory in NY for teachers?
- CORONAVIRUS US Where are the Delta variant danger zones?
- NFL NFL: When should the San Francisco 49ers start Trey Lance?
- NFL Dolphins QB Tagovailoa on injured reserve, to miss at least 3 games
- Liga MX Club América vs Chivas live: Liga MX 'Super Clásico Nacional' online
- NBA Report: Simmons rejects meeting with teammates on 76ers rift