Wondolowski breaks Landon Donovan MLS scoring record
The San Jose Earthquakes striker has reached 148 goals throughout his MLS career after his four goals against Chicago, beating Donovan's mark by two.
Chris Wondolowski broke the MLS scoring record this Saturday against Chicago Fire during the week 12 match, where the American striker scored a poker to overcome the record imposed by Landon Donovan as the leading scorer in the league's regular season history.
Wondolowski didn't have the best of starts to the tournament, even been sent to the bench for seven games and for week 12, Wondo returned to the starting lineup as center forward position of Almeyda's squad.
His first goal arrived on the 21st minute mark to break a scoreless streak, with the forward failing to hit the target all season and untrouble the Landon Donovan record as top scorer of the MLS regular season scorers.
He scored three more times against the Fire, and with the hat-trick, Wondolowski surpasses Donovan's scoring record to reach 148 goals in 338 games, two fewer matches than what Donovan needed for his 145 goals.
Chris Wondolowski is also the player with the most goals scored for a single team with 142 for San José Earthquakes, team to which he arrived in 2009.
He has two MLS Golden Boots and was the 2012 season MVP after scoring 27 goals and seven assists.
Recommended in English
- FORMULA 1 Lewis Hamilton wants to see change in Saudi Arabia
- SOCIAL SECURITY What is an unrestricted Social Security card? How can I apply for it?
- NFL Bucs' Bruce Arians wants the NFL to look at other teams.
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Betis: times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What is the difference between an abortion pill and Plan B?
- SOCCER AC Milan defender Simon Kjaer out for the rest of the season after undergoing knee surgery