PSG closing in on signing of Napoli midfielder Allan
The Parisians hope to complete the signing of the Brazil midfielder before the Copa América with Napoli already lining up a replacement.
Paris Saint-Germain are reportedly close to securing the signature of Brazil midfielder Allan on a permanent transfer from Napoli.
Negotiations between the clubs are at an advanced stage as the Parisians seek to reinforce their midfield after the departure of Lassana Diarra, the cancellation of Adrien Rabiot’s conract and decision of Giovani Lo Celso to make his loan move to Betis permanent.
PSG boss Thomas Tuchel has reiterated that he needs more attacking options in midfield and Allan, a box-to-box all-rounder, fits many bills for the Ligue 1 champions. The French club looked at bringing in Allan during the January window but eventually settled on bringing in defensive midfielder Leandro Paredes to cover more immediate necessities.
Allan valued at around €50m
Now, it appears that Allan, who is valued at around 50 million euros, will become PSG’s first signing of the summer with the Ligue 1 champions hopeful of tying up the deal before the midfielder travels to the Copa América with Brazil, which starts on June 14.
Napoli, meanwhile, are already looking at potential replacements for Allan and have set their sights on Fiorentina’s Jordan Veretout and Benjamin Bourigeaud, who has been a key player for Rennes this season in Ligue 1 and Europe.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth