Real Madrid: Reguilon emerges as a target for Leganés
The Bernabéu board are a little unhappy about Andriy Lunin's spell with the Cucumber Growers but Lega will point to the development of Óscar this season.
Leganés are hoping to use the return of Zinedine Zidane to Real Madrid to engineer a loan deal for left back Sergio Reguilón.
Since the Frenchman retook his seat in the Bernabéu dugout Marcelo has been reinstalled as first-choice left back and the Cucumber Growers are hoping to use their working relationship with their more illustrious neighbours to secure the services of one of the few bright points to have emerged from Real’s otherwise gloomy 2018-19 season.
The main sticking point from Lega’s point of view will be Andriy Lunin. Real loaned the Ukraine international keeper to the Butarque outfit last summer after being signed for 8.5m from Zorya Luhansk with a view to the then-teenager being installed as number one but Lunin played only seven times for Lega as he served as understudy to Iván Cuéllar.
Óscar Rodríguez a Lega-Real Madrid success story
However, Leganés will point to the opposing case of Óscar Rodríguez. The 20-year-old attacking midfielder also made the short trip across last town last summer and became a key member of Mauricio Pellegrino’s side, scoring four times in 30 Liga appearances and being the third most-used played in the squad.
Lega are eager to extend the loan deals of both Lunin and Óscar and want to add Reguilón to their ranks to cover for the possible departure of Jonathan Silva. The on-loan Sporting Lisbon left back has had an exceptional season in southern Madrid and was named in a UEFA XI of the best breakout stars in LaLiga. Leganés have an obligatory purchase option of just three million euros for the Argentina international but are bracing for bids from across Spain and Europe.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS In which states did unemployment claims increase last week?
- CONSTITUTION DAY When was the US Constitution signed?
- US NEWS How will Biden respond to the wave of migrants gathered under a Texas bridge?
- NFL New York Giants 29 vs 33 Washington Football Team summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2
- NFL Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
- MLB Angels’ Ohtani’s arm sore, may miss rest of season as pitcher