Hazard beats Liverpool, Man City stars to PFA fans' award
Eden Hazard has claimed another award - this time, the PFA Fans' Player of the Year prize - in what could be his last season at Chelsea.
Chelsea star Eden Hazard has won the PFA Fans' Player of the Year award for the Premier League for 2019.
The Belgium international beat five other nominees from Manchester City and Liverpool to claim the prize, including Virgil van Dijk, the winner of the PFA Players' Player of the Year award.
While that particular accolade is awarded based on votes by fellow professionals, the fans' prize is determined by a public vote, which concluded on Monday.
Beats Van Dijk, Silva, Agüero and Sterling to accolade
Hazard came out on top ahead of Van Dijk, Sadio Mané, Bernardo Silva, Sergio Agüero and Raheem Sterling, who was named the Football Writers' Association (FWA) Footballer of the Year.
Hazard's 16 goals and 15 assists in the top flight in 2018-19, the latter of which had already given him the Premier League's Playmaker Award, were enough to secure him 34 per cent of the total vote.
First Chelsea player to claim prize since 2005
He is the first Chelsea player to win the award since Frank Lampard back in 2005.
Hazard, who is preparing with the Blues for Wednesday's Europa League final in Baku, has been widely tipped to leave Stamford Bridge ahead of next season.
The 28-year-old, who has only a year left on his contract, is a top target for Real Madrid.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Does Medicaid cover dental? How can I find a clinic that accepts Medicaid?
- US NEWS Who controls gas prices in the United States? How can the price of gas go down?
- US NEWS Why are gas pricing increasing in October 2021?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many numbers are in a Social Security Number?
- SOCCER Pelé moving 'closer to the goal' as Brazil great continues recovery
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE New setback for Atlético Madrid's Marcos Llorente