Landon Donovan and Jermaine Jones beat Mexico all over again
Two of the most important players of the United States national team faced Mexico in an indoor soccer game which once again saw Donovan dominate El Tri.
The game held at the Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario California, the home of Jones' team, came with the intention of giving the audience a new confrontation between Donovan and Mexico since Captain America is one of the most hated players for the Mexicans due to his excellent performances during his professional career.
Jermaine Jones, Landon Donovan, Franck Tayou & the #USA take on #Mexico this Friday May 31st at 7:30 pm at the Citizens Business Bank Arena. Tickets are moving fast so don’t miss out! Get your tickets here: https://t.co/3Q9FKbf3dD#USAvMEX pic.twitter.com/PyAJ3tWTKm— Ontario Fury (@OntarioFury) May 28, 2019
The MASL sought to transfer the moments which made Donovan a United States football legend into this type of category, and, with the fans expectant from the moment Donovan and Jones stepped onto the pitch, they didn't disappoint.
The match had a back and forth rhythm for most of it, but during the last minutes of the game, Kraig Chiles and Nick Perera gave the victory to the US side. The game ended 7-5, and just like old times, Donovan's team won by a difference of 2.
Recommended in English
- TRANSFER MARKET Real Madrid: Palmeiras to slap €100m price tag on Brazil wonderkid Endrick
- SERIE A Vlahovic tipped to fill Cristiano Ronaldo's boots at Juventus
- CORONAVIRUS What is ‘stealth Omicron’ and where have the first cases appeared?
- US NEWS Who are the main candidates for the position in the Supreme Court?
- NFL Why is the AFC Trophy named after Lamar Hunt?
- NFL How are the Cincinnati Bengals preparing for the noise in Arrowhead Stadium?