Neymar posts grim photo of ankle injury
The Brazil and PSG striker has posted a photo of the ankle injury that has forced him to pull out of the upcoming Copa América.
Brazil star Neymar has posted a photo of the damaged ankle he sustained in a Copa América warm-up friendly against Qatar on Wednesday.
The PSG striker was forced to leave the pitch in tears after he ruptured ligaments in his ankle, the seriousness of which is quite evident from the photo of his swollen ankle posted to social media.
The 27-year-old is now set to miss the entire Copa América, dealing a huge blow to the host nation ahead of their opening Group A game against Bolivia on July 15.
PSG statement on Neymar injury
Meanwhile, PSG have used their social media to announce that they will send members of the club’s medical staff to conduct a first-hand assessment of Neymar’s injury.
“Neymar Jr. suffered a severe sprain of the outer lateral ligament of his right ankle in Brasilia during a warm-up match for the Copa America,” tweeted the Ligue 1 club.
“Paris Saint-Germain’s Brazil striker will be reassessed by the club's medical department within the next 72 hours to define the rehabilitation process and recovery time for the player.”
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Unemployment benefits: can self-employed workers qualify for a new round of payments?
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk: fight card, TV & how to watch online
- OTHER SPORTS Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Usyk: how much does the winner make?
- NFL Stafford give Rams slight edge in blockbuster Bucs clash
- NBA Clippers chief unsure if Kawhi Leonard will play this season
- NBA NBA denies Warriors star Wiggins' request for covid-19 vaccination exemption