Neymar posts grim photo of ankle injury
The Brazil and PSG striker has posted a photo of the ankle injury that has forced him to pull out of the upcoming Copa América.
Brazil star Neymar has posted a photo of the damaged ankle he sustained in a Copa América warm-up friendly against Qatar on Wednesday.
The PSG striker was forced to leave the pitch in tears after he ruptured ligaments in his ankle, the seriousness of which is quite evident from the photo of his swollen ankle posted to social media.
The 27-year-old is now set to miss the entire Copa América, dealing a huge blow to the host nation ahead of their opening Group A game against Bolivia on July 15.
PSG statement on Neymar injury
Meanwhile, PSG have used their social media to announce that they will send members of the club’s medical staff to conduct a first-hand assessment of Neymar’s injury.
“Neymar Jr. suffered a severe sprain of the outer lateral ligament of his right ankle in Brasilia during a warm-up match for the Copa America,” tweeted the Ligue 1 club.
“Paris Saint-Germain’s Brazil striker will be reassessed by the club's medical department within the next 72 hours to define the rehabilitation process and recovery time for the player.”
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Does Medicaid cover dental? How can I find a clinic that accepts Medicaid?
- US NEWS Who controls gas prices in the United States? How can the price of gas go down?
- US NEWS Why are gas pricing increasing in October 2021?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many numbers are in a Social Security Number?
- SOCCER Pelé moving 'closer to the goal' as Brazil great continues recovery
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE New setback for Atlético Madrid's Marcos Llorente