Griezmann: No Barcelona contact for the departing Atlético star
Atlético Madrid president Enrique Cerezo says he does not have the "slightest idea" where Barcelona-linked Antoine Griezmann will go next.
Antoine Griezmann's mooted move to Barcelona remains in doubt after Atlético Madrid's president claimed to have had no contact from the LaLiga champions.
No Barcelona contact for Griezmann
Barça reportedly came close to signing the World Cup winner 12 months ago and were expected to make a fresh approach following their Champions League failure.
The Catalan club are now rumoured to have cooled their interest and Atlético president Enrique Cerezo admitted to being entirely unclear on his star player's next destination.
"Griezmann has been with for five years and done a splendid job," Cerezo told Spanish broadcaster Onda Cero.
"We have a good relationship. Nice, trustworthy.
"I hope wherever he goes he will be treated the same as he has been with us.
"I don't know where he's going, he didn't say. I don't have the slightest idea where he will go. I don't think anyone knows."
Asked whether Barca - who Atlético have been considering legal actions against - have initiated discussions, Cerezo replied: "No one from Barca has contacted me."
Griezmann joined Atletico from Real Sociedad in 2014.
The 28-year-old is with France ahead of their Euro 2020 qualifiers against Turkey and Andorra.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Messi's numbers at Barcelona: appearances, goals, trophies...
- BARCELONA Messi leaves Barcelona, live updates: reactions, possible new club, details
- OLYMPIC GAMES | RACE WALKING Race walking at Tokyo Olympics 2021: rules, distances and courses
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics 2021: Doncic explains assist-heavy display in France defeat
- OLYMPIC GAMES Gardiner takes 400m crown as Crouser defends his title
- OLYMPIC GAMES How long is a marathon? How far is it in miles?