Berhalter, we have a problem! USA loses again
The United States men's national team endures a hard loss against Venezuela at Nipper Stadium in which is his last warm-up game before the Gold Cup.
The United States lost their first warm-up game on Wednesday night against Jamaica a hard blow to digest as the USMNT was undefeated since Gregg Berhalter took charge of the national team and with the Gold Cup coming up, the match against Venezuela was essential to get back on the winning path.
Venezuela, on the other hand, also lost its last friendly against Mexico, but they defeated Argentina which gave them a good set point before traveling to Brazil, but they first needed to face the United States ahead of Copa America and the Gold Cup.
Venezuela had the complete control of the game with a USMNT looking messy despite having some of the players that will be starters in the summer tournament, like Zack Steffen who committed a grand mistake that ended in the South Americans first goal, and from there Venezuela picked up the momentum to go to the dressing room 3-0 after 45 minutes.
In the second half, the many moves from the US side arrived, but Christian Pulisic wasn't one of them as Berhalter wanted to check other players in time for the CONCACAF tournament, which meant being the messy squad on the field, while Venezuela did put Josef Martínez who had high chances on goal, but none ended in goal.
Gregg Berhalter needs to do some analysis before June 18 when the US men's national team debuts against Guayana at the Gold Cup, defining which lineup will be the one in charge to defend its title in their quest of keeping it too.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?